The development of the passenger aircraft Yak-42A began at the Design Bureau. A.S. Yakovleva in 1987. It is a further development of the Yak-42D aircraft. It is distinguished from its predecessor by improved economic characteristics and aerodynamics, an elongated fuselage. The prototype was made in December 1992. In 1993, it received the designation Yak-142. First demonstrated to the public at the Moscow Aerospace Salon in 1993. Then he exhibited at the air show in Le Bouget, in 1994 – in Berlin.
The Yak-142 is built according to the aerodynamic design of a free-bearing low-wing with a T-tail. All-metal construction. Retractable landing gear, tricycle, with nose strut. The power plant consists of 3 turbofan engines D-36. Several interior layout options have been developed, designed to carry from 39 to 120 passengers. At the request of the customer, a GPS satellite navigation system, TCAS flight collision avoidance system and other equipment can be installed on the aircraft.
The TsPNK-42M digital flight and navigation system (unified with the Il-114 and Tu-204 aircraft equipment complexes) provides automatic landing according to ICAO Category IIIA, automatic aircraft navigation along 70 programmed routes with a predetermined scheduled arrival time, includes a system for optimizing flight and operating modes engines, five color indicators on a CRT. The four-redundant electric remote-control flight control system made it possible to implement a scheme with a small margin of longitudinal static stability at cruising flight modes (stability coefficient 0.05-0.07); there is a system for preventing critical flight modes from entering.
Serial production was planned to be deployed at the Saratov aircraft plant, but due to lack of funding, these plans were not implemented. The only built instance of the Yak-142 (RA-42424) is currently owned by Lukoil.
- Modification of the Yak-142
- Wingspan, m 34.88
- The length of the aircraft, m 38.40
- The height of the aircraft, m 9.83
- Wing Area, m2 150.0
- Weight kg 38400 empty curb aircraft; normal take-off 57500
- Engine type 3 turbofan engine Progress (Lotarev) D-36
- Rod, kN 3 x 63.74
- Maximum speed, km / h 800
- Cruising speed, km / h 750
- Ferry range, km 5000
- Practical range, km 2700
- Range with maximum load, km 1600
- Practical ceiling, m 9600
- Crew 2
- Payload: passengers in a single-class layout of tourist class 156, or 162, or 180. There are also two-class layout for 138 seats (12 + 126) and three-class layout for 132 seats (12 + 24 + 96) or payload maximum 18,000 kg, normal 14820 kg, with a maximum fuel reserve of 9600 kg.