Virgin Atlantic Airways

Virgin Atlantic Airways, known as Virgin Atlantic, is a British airline operating flights mainly over medium and long distances. Major airports/hubs are Gatwick and Heathrow in London, as well as the airport in Manchester. 51% of the airline’s shares are owned by the Virgin Group, the remaining 49% is owned by the American Delta Air Lines.

The route network of the British airline has 31 destinations. Flights are carried out to North America, the Caribbean, Africa, the Middle East, and Asia.

  • According to the influential British consulting agency SKYTRAX, specializing in the study of the quality of services provided by various air carriers, the airline was awarded four stars. This is a very good indicator.
  • Virgin Atlantic is ranked 8th in the Safest Airlines of the World 2019 by Jacdec.

Aircraft

Since the company operates long-distance flights, the passenger fleet consists of long-haul aircraft.

As of January 15, 2020, there are 46 airliners in the Virgin Atlantic fleet, 4 more are ordered. The average age of aircraft is 9.4 years.

The oldest – Boeing 747-400, with a tail number – G-VBIG. His age is 22.6 years. The newest is the Boeing 787-9 Dreamliner, with tail number G-VNYL. He is 0.8 years old.

Graduated from Embry-Riddle Aviation University with a master's degree in aviation science. He began his career as an aviation researcher in local periodicals. Has a pilot license. Now are the author and developer of the Plane Worlds.