The Sikorsky S-300 is a lightweight multi-purpose helicopter developed in 1964 and manufactured by aircraft manufacturers such as Hughes Aircraft, Schweizer Aircraft Corporation, and Sikorsky Aircraft.
The development of the light multi-purpose aircraft Sikorsky S-300 also called the Hughes S-300 and Schweizer S-300, began in the late 50s of the last century, while initially it was supposed to create an exclusively educational and training version of the aircraft, however, As it turned out, the model was able to adapt in a variety of industries and fields of activity, which is why the production of this aircraft continues to this day, making it one of the most popular in the world.
The Sikorsky S-300 helicopter completed its first flight in 1963, and just a few months later the aircraft itself went into serial production, where Hughes Aircraft, later Schweizer Aircraft Corporation, and finally, Schweizer Aircraft Corporation, led the assembly of helicopters. Sikorsky Aircraft. “
Due to its compact size, the Sikorsky S-300 helicopter has high maneuverability, which makes it possible to patrol the terrain, perform observation flights and operate the aircraft as a training aircraft.
The helicopter’s cabin is designed to take on board three people, including one pilot and two passengers (cadets), while, if necessary, one of the seats can be dismantled, and the helicopter will be adapted to carry small loads, however, it should be clarified that a similar opportunity is rarely used.
In addition to the civilian sphere, the Sikorsky S-300 helicopter is also actively used in military aviation, where it fulfills the above goals – it is used to train future pilots, conduct observation flights and patrol operations.
The power plant of the Sikorsky S-300 helicopter consists of one four-cylinder aircraft engine Textron Lycoming HIO-360-D1A with a capacity of 190 hp, which in turn allows very efficient use of all provided helicopter operating capabilities. The maximum speed of this aircraft is 176 km \ h., With a maximum flight range of 360 kilometers.
- Sikorsky S-269C “Model 300C” – the basic version of the helicopter;
- Sikorsky S-300CQ – A modified version developed exclusively as a police or military patrol version;
- Sikorsky S-300CB – An improved version of the helicopter, with a piston-type propulsion system capable of developing a thrust of 180 hp.;
- Sikorsky S-300CBi – An upgraded version of the helicopter with fuel injection.
- Crew: 1 person;
- Capacity: 2 people (depending on version);
- Length: 9.4 m. (Depending on version);
- Height: 2.68 m. (Depending on version);
- The diameter of the rotor: 8.2 m. (Depending on version);
- Empty helicopter mass: 500 kg. (Depending on version);
- Maximum take-off weight: 930 kg. (Depending on version);
- Cruising speed: 159 km \ h.;
- Maximum flight speed: 176 km \ h.;
- Maximum flight range: 360 km .;
- Maximum flight height: 3000 m.;
- Powerplant: Textron Lycoming HIO-360-D1A (depending on the version);
- Power: 190 HP (Depending on version).