Sikorsky MH-60 Jayhawk is a multi-purpose helicopter developed by Sikorsky Aircraft for the US Coast Guard in 1990.
The design of the Sikorsky MH-60 Jayhawk helicopter was initiated by representatives of the US military in 1987, and for two years now, aircraft manufacturers from Sikorsky Aircraft have managed to create a multi-purpose aircraft that can be used for a wide variety of purposes.
The design of the Sikorsky MH-60 Jayhawk helicopter was carried out based on the earlier Sikorsky SH-60 Seahawk model, while the external design of the aircraft was practically unchanged, however, the aircraft was no longer used as a combat unit, since it did not have the appropriate weapons, and used exclusively for the transport of military personnel and cargo, as well as for search and rescue operations.
The helicopter model Sikorsky MH-60 Jayhawk is designed to carry on board four crew members and eight military personnel, or, if it was intended to use the helicopter for search and rescue operations, an equal number of people. The maximum carrying capacity of this aircraft is 9925 kilograms, while the dead weight of the helicopter is 6580 kilograms. At the same time, it should be noted that the helicopter has an increased flight distance of about 1300 kilometers, which in turn increased the efficiency of its use.
Thanks to the existing technology for creating helicopters of this model, as well as the lack of the need to use weapons and special equipment, the price of one unit was significantly reduced, however, the production of aircraft of this model was quite reduced – only 45 aerial vehicles were built from 1990 to 1996 ships.
The power plant of the helicopter model Sikorsky MH-60 Jayhawk has not undergone significant changes compared with the basic version based on which the aircraft was created, in particular, it uses two gas turbine engines General Electric T700-GE-401C each of which has a capacity of 1890 liters .s., which in turn provides the aircraft with a sufficiently high flight speed of about 260 km \ h. (cruising speed).
- Sikorsky MH-60J Jayhawk – the basic version of the helicopter, produced between 1990 and 1996;
- Sikorsky MH-60T Jayhawk – A modified version, which is an improved version of the Sikorsky MH-60J Jayhawk with updated avionics.
To date, the helicopter is operated exclusively by the US Coast Guard.
- Crew: 4 people (depending on version);
- Capacity: 8 people (depending on version);
- Length 19.75 m.;
- Height: 5.18 m.;
- The diameter of the rotor: 16.35 m.;
- Empty helicopter mass: 6580 kg .;
- Maximum take-off weight: 9925 kg .;
- Cruising speed: 260 km \ h.;
- Maximum flight speed: 330 km \ h.;
- Maximum flight range: 1300 km .;
- Maximum flight height: 3580 m.;
- Powerplant: 2 × General Electric T700-GE-401C;
- Power: 2 × 1890 hp