IL-96M aircraft is a further development of the IL-96-300 aircraft, designed for the transport of passengers, baggage and cargo on long-distance routes. The construction of the prototype IL-96MO aircraft was completed in March 1993 at the OKB plant in Moscow. The prototype Il-96-300 aircraft was used as a model, the fuselage of which was lengthened, and domestic engines and equipment were replaced with Western ones.
The IL-96MO aircraft completed its first flight on April 6, 1993. Certification of the aircraft according to Russian standards and FAA standards was completed by the end of 1997. The aircraft has been repeatedly shown at international aerospace exhibitions in Paris, Farnborough, Berlin, Singapore, Dubai, etc. It has been mass-produced since 1997. By mid-1997, 47 aircraft were sold (including the cargo version of the IL-96T)
A Rockwell-Collins digital electronic complex was installed, including a digital autopilot, a built-in ANN with laser gyroscopes, Smith Industries’s built-in flight mode optimization system, an electronic display system with six indicators on a CRT (screen size 20.3 x 20.3 cm), a warning system hazardous ground proximity, wind shear detection radar, GPS and GLONASS satellite navigation systems, SAT-900 satellite communications system, TCAS flight collision avoidance system. It is intended to provide a fully automatic landing at a minimum of ICAO Category IIIB.
- IL-96MO – experimental aircraft.
- IL-96MD – version with two engines Pratt & Whitney PW-4082 or design N. D. Kuznetsova.
- IL-96MK – variant with turbofan engine of ultra-high bypass ratio NK-92 designed by N. D. Kuznetsov (bypass ratio 17-18; thrust 176.5 – 196.1 kN, 18-20 ts).
- IL-96MT – cargo model.
- Modification L-96MO
- Wingspan, m 60.10
- Aircraft Length, m 63.94
- The height of the aircraft, m 15.72
- Wing Area, m2 391.6
- Weight kg empty aircraft 132400; maximum take-off 270,000
- Engine type 4 turbofan engine Pratt Whitney PW-2337
- Rod, kN 4 x 170.1
- Maximum speed, M 0.86
- Cruising speed, km / h 870
- Practical range, km 12800
- Range, km 7300
- Practical ceiling, m 12100
- Crew 2-3
- Payload: up to 435 passengers or 58,000 kg of cargo