IL-476 (Product-476 or IL-76MD-90A) – a deep modernization of the IL-76 aircraft. Developed jointly by the design bureau Ilyushin and Aviastar-SP Aviation Plant in the late 2000s. It is being built by the Ulyanovsk Aviation Plant Aviastar-SP, which is part of the UAC.
The aircraft is widely known under the name Il-476 but is officially issued under the index Il-76MD-90A.
The initial task of the UAC on the Il-76 program was to transfer the production of aircraft from the Tashkent plant to them. Chkalov at the Aviastar Ulyanovsk plant, however, over time it became obvious that the base aircraft was out of date. It was decided to begin the production of a deeply modernized aircraft.
The development of the aircraft was completed in 2009. The first flight prototype made a test 40-minute flight in 2012.
The aircraft has a new wing design, new avionics, and new PS-90A-76 engines with a thrust of 14.5 tons each. The Russian Ministry of Defense plans to purchase several dozen aircraft in the options for a tanker and military transport aircraft in the near future as part of the state armament program.
- A-100 Premier – Aircraft AWACS.
- IL-78M-90A – Aircraft tanker.
In 2012, the UAC-Transport Aircraft and the Ministry of Defense of the Russian Federation signed a contract for the supply of 39 aircraft. Aircraft must be handed over by the end of 2020. In 2014, the first production aircraft made a test flight.
- Type Heavy military transport aircraft
- Power plant four double-circuit turbojet engines 4 PS-90A-76 for 14 500 kg each
- Maximum payload 60 tons of cargo, 126 paratroopers
- Practical ceiling 12,000 m
- Flight range 6500 km (40 tons of cargo), 4000 km (60 tons of cargo)
- Maximum take-off weight 210 t
- Cruising speed of 850 km / h
- Wingspan 50.5 m
- The wing area is 300 square meters. m
- Length 46.6 m
- Height 14.76 m