Fama Kiss 216 is an Italian ultra-light helicopter designed by Fama Helicopters in 2015.
Fama Kiss 216 aircraft began to be designed by Italian aircraft engineers based on the Fama Kiss 209 model helicopter, while the appearance of the aircraft, as well as the design, did not undergo any changes at all, and in terms of flight performance, the Fama Kiss 216 helicopter became more practical, although its general operational purpose has remained unchanged.
The design of the Fama Kiss 216 helicopter also did not undergo any changes – the fuselage length is still 8 meters 22 centimeters, which provides the aircraft with a high level of compactness and creates acceptable conditions for the high maneuverability of this aircraft.
The actual production of Fama Kiss 216 helicopters did not begin until the end of 2015, and the total number of aircraft produced for this model has been officially announced at the moment, although experts note the fact that the Fama Kiss 216 is more efficient than the Fama Kiss 209, which is why it’s popular this aircraft should be higher.
In the cabin of the aircraft of the Fama Kiss 216 model, up to two people can be accommodated, in particular, we are talking about a pilot and a passenger, and, as before, due to the lack of free space in the aircraft cabin, the helicopter cannot be operated for transportation on board any cargo. Nevertheless, due to the possibility that the aircraft is equipped with twin control, the Fama Kiss 216 helicopter can be operated as a training aircraft, as well as for observation flights and patrolling the terrain.
The most significant changes were made to the power plant of the Fama Kiss 216 aircraft, which is represented by one Turbine FT16 aircraft engine, which has a thrust of 170 hp, which allows the aircraft to accelerate to a maximum flight speed of 210 km / h, and overcome without additional landings distances of up to 580 kilometers, which is very acceptable.
According to mid-2016, there are the following options for aircraft of this model:
- Fama Kiss 216M / E – The basic production version of the aircraft;
- Fama Kiss 216MF / E – An improved version of Fama Kiss 216M / E;
- Fama Kiss 216M / SL – ultra-light version of the helicopter;
- Fama Kiss 216MF / SL – An upgraded version of the Fama Kiss 216M / SL.
- Crew: 1 person;
- Capacity: 1 person;
- Length: 8.22 m.;
- Height: 2.6 m. (Depending on version);
- The diameter of the rotor: 7.7 m.;
- Empty helicopter mass: 300 kg. (Depending on version);
- Maximum take-off weight: 450 kg. (Depending on version);
- Cruising speed: 185 km \ h. (Depending on version);
- Maximum flight speed: 210 km \ h. (Depending on version);
- Maximum flight range: 580 km. (Depending on version);
- Maximum flight height: 3800 m.;
- Powerplant: Turbine FT16;
- Power: 170 hp