Fama Kiss 209 is an ultralight Italian helicopter developed in 2009 by Fama Helicopters.
The design of the Fama Kiss 209 helicopter began in the mid-2000s, while Italian aircraft manufacturers intended to create a small multi-purpose and sought-after aircraft that can be used in addition to the civilian aviation sector, also in the military sphere.
The Fama Kiss 209 helicopter received a good aerodynamic shape, thanks to which it could not only accelerate to sufficiently high speeds when using a relatively low-power propulsion system but also remain highly maneuverable, which provided it with an increase in its scope. In mid-August 2009, the Fama Kiss 209 helicopter was subjected to its first flight tests, which ended very successfully, and therefore the project was aimed at mass production, where it continues to this day, however, under the name Fama Kiss 216.
To reduce drag during flight. Fama Helicopters’ aircraft manufacturers made it possible to retract the landing gear when lifting, which only improved the technical performance of the aircraft, but by no means led to an increase in cost.
The Fama Kiss 209 helicopter is relatively small in size, due to which it can gain high flight speed, however, the same factor negatively affects the current model of the aircraft, since, with a small cabin size, only two can be accommodated onboard the aircraft a person – a pilot and a passenger, while a helicopter cannot be adapted for transporting goods.
Fama Kiss 209 is very popular among rotary-wing aircraft operators, however, to date, this aircraft model is operated exclusively in the civilian sphere – the aircraft was not suitable for military tasks
Fama Kiss 209 helicopter is equipped with one Solar T62 Titan gas turbine aircraft engine with a power of 160 hp, which allows the aircraft to accelerate to a maximum flight speed of 195 km \ h., And to cover distances of 560 kilometers, and subject to the use of additional fuel tanks – distances of 750 kilometers, which is very acceptable.
According to the data for 20016, the production of helicopters of the Fama Kiss 209 model was carried out by Italian aircraft manufacturers in two main versions:
- Fama Kiss 209M – the basic production version of the helicopter;
- Fama Kiss 209MF is an upgraded version of the aircraft, with a reduced cruising flight speed of up to 170 km \ h.
- Crew: 1 person;
- Capacity: 1 person;
- Length: 8.22 m.;
- Height: 2.5 m. (Depending on version);
- The diameter of the rotor: 7.7 m.;
- Empty helicopter mass: 300 kg. (Depending on version);
- Maximum take-off weight: 450 kg .;
- Cruising speed: 160 km \ h. (Depending on version);
- Maximum flight speed: 195 km \ h. (Depending on version);
- Maximum flight range: 560 km. (Depending on version);
- Maximum flight height: 3800 m.;
- Powerplant: Solar T62 Titan;
- Power: 160 HP