Eurocopter AS565 Panther is a military version of the helicopter model Eurocopter AS365 Dauphin, with several technical changes and additions that allow you to use it as a means of military aviation.
The Eurocopter AS565 Panther helicopter was designed by French aircraft engineers as a multi-purpose twin-engine aircraft, suitable for providing fire cover from the air, attacking enemy ground forces, fighting submarines, etc. This aircraft used in the military sphere carried out its first flight in 1984, and, starting from this period, it began to be actively operated by the air forces of many states, including France, Israel, Brazil, Morocco, Mexico, and the UAE. In addition to its active participation in hostilities, the Eurocopter AS565 Panther also proved itself as a search aircraft or as a medical helicopter, which, depending on the specific goal, allows carrying up to 12 people on board (including crew members).
Even though the Eurocopter AS565 Panther helicopter was designed more than 30 years ago, the release of this military aircraft continues to the present, which is mainly facilitated by the multi-purpose purpose of the aircraft, its high reliability, and reasonably reasonable price.
The power plant of the Eurocopter AS565 Panther helicopter consists of two turboshaft engines capable of developing high thrust, which in turn provides the aircraft with high load capacity, good maneuverability, and sufficiently high flight speed, which, depending on the version, is up to 306 km \ h. Eurocopter AS565MB Panther modification includes two Turboméca Arriel 2C aircraft engines, each of which is capable of developing a traction force of 852 hp.
Depending on the modification, the Eurocopter AS565 Panther helicopter can be equipped with various types of weapons, which mainly include a gun, unguided missiles, anti-submarine torpedoes, etc.
- Eurocopter SA 365 Panther – the prototype of a military helicopter. Released in a single copy;
- Eurocopter SA 365 FK – A modified version of the helicopter;
- Eurocopter SA 365 K – the combat version of the helicopter, which became the first to be launched into mass production;
- Eurocopter AS565 UA – version of the search and rescue helicopter operated by the air force;
- Eurocopter AS565 UB – an option for transportation on board paratroopers, as well as the implementation of search and rescue operations. Unlike Eurocopter AS565 UA is protected by an armored fuselage;
- Eurocopter AS565 AA – A modified version focused on land combat. Equipped with a 20-mm aircraft gun and a set of unguided missiles;
- Eurocopter AS565 AB – A modified version of the Eurocopter AS565 AA version, additionally reinforced with armor;
- Eurocopter AS565 MA – modification for maritime and coastal patrols. Armament is not equipped;
- Eurocopter AS565 MB – a variant of the helicopter for search and rescue operations on water surfaces. If necessary, it can be equipped with anti-submarine torpedoes and missiles;
- Eurocopter AS565 SA – a multi-purpose modification of the helicopter for operations at sea. Equipped with radar equipment and anti-submarine weapons;
- Eurocopter AS565 SB – reconnaissance version of the helicopter;
- Eurocopter AS565 CA – A modification to combat ground-based armored vehicles. Equipped with special armor-piercing weapons;
- Eurocopter AS565 N3 – version for naval patrols;
- Eurocopter AS565 SC – search and rescue version of the helicopter, developed for the Saudi Arabian Air Force;
- Eurocopter HM-1 Pantera – modification for the Brazilian army. Has minor technical improvements;
- Panther 800 – A modified version of the helicopter. It was not launched into mass production;
- Harbin Z-9 – version for the Chinese Air Force.
- Crew: 1-2 people;
- Capacity: 8-10 people;
- Length: 13.68 m.;
- Height: 3.97 m.;
- The diameter of the rotor: 11.94 m.;
- Empty helicopter mass: 2380 kg .;
- Maximum take-off weight: 4300 kg .;
- Cruising speed: 290 km \ h.;
- Maximum flight speed: 306 km \ h.;
- Maximum flight range: 850 km .;
- Maximum flight height: 5865 m.;
- Powerplant: 2 × Turboméca Arriel 2C;
- Power: 2 × 852 hp