In June 2001, he made the first flight of the ERJ-145XR with an increased flight range of up to 3,700 km, having a reinforced fuselage, end vertical aerodynamic surfaces, an additional fuel tank (located in the aft part in addition to the two main large tanks in the wing, the same tanks as in LR models), increased permissible take-off weight. The aircraft is equipped with Rolls-Royce AE 3007A1E engines, which have better fuel efficiency and are adapted to work in hot climates and highlands.
The first aircraft of the new model was intended for Continental Express. Incidentally, this family of aircraft is very popular in the North American market almost 70% of all orders come from regional US airlines. In total, more than 800 machines of the ERJ 145 family were sold, and more than 500 were delivered to customers.
- Modification ERJ-145XR
- Wingspan, m 21.00
- The length of the aircraft, m 29.87
- The height of the aircraft, m 6.76
- Wing Area, m2 51.19
- Weight kg empty plane 12591; maximum take-off 24,100; fuel 5973
- Engine type 2 turbofan Allison AE 3007A1E
- Thrust, kgs 2 x 3606
- Cruising speed, km / h 850
- Economy speed, km / h 670
- Practical range, km 3700
- Practical ceiling, m 11277
- Crew 2
- Payload of 50 passengers or 5909 kg of commercial cargo.