The Boeing 737-600 is the last and least spacious in the new subfamily of 737 aircraft, the first of which are 737-700 and 737-800. Officially, its development began in March 1995. Because it is an improved version of the 737-500, for some time it was designated 737-500X.
The first aircraft was received by the Scandinavian airline SAS. The aircraft uses the EFIS digital avionics system of the American company “Honeywell” with six flat-panel liquid crystal displays. The architecture of the complex is the same as on the Boeing 777. There is the possibility of installing a HUD collimator indicator on the windshield. It is in mass production.
- Modification: Boeing 737-600
- Wingspan, m: 34.31
- The length of the aircraft, m: 31.24
- The height of the aircraft, m: 12.55
- Wing Area, m2: 125.00
- Weight kg: empty loaded aircraft 36440; maximum take-off 65090
- Engine type: 2 turbofan engines CFM International CFM56-7B18 (CFM56-7B20)
- Draft, kgf: 2 x 8365 (9080)
- Maximum speed, km / h: 967
- Cruising speed, km / h: 925
- Practical range, km: 5910
- Practical ceiling, m: 12500
- Crew: 2
- Payload: 108 passengers in a cabin of two classes or in a tourist class of 132 people or 15,000 kg of cargo.