Berlin Brandenburg International Airport is an international air harbor under construction in Brandenburg, not far from Berlin. The main purpose of this air harbor is to expand the functionality of air traffic in the country, in particular, we are talking about a significant expansion of the route network and increasing the volume of passengers served.
The construction of the international air harbor began in 2006, while if it was originally intended to put the airport into operation in 2014, then subsequently, due to problems with financing this project, it was decided to postpone the commissioning of the airport in 2019, and later – for the year 2020.
Funds of 5.5 billion euros were allocated for the implementation of the project for the construction of the Berlin Brandenburg International Airport, although initially, the construction amount was only 1.7 billion euros, which, according to experts, will lead to the fact that the air harbor will be long enough paying for yourself.
With the commissioning of this air harbor, Berlin Tegel International Airport is expected to close.
It is estimated that with the opening of the airport, the international air harbor will annually serve at least 20 million passengers.
According to the construction project of the Berlin Brandenburg International Airport, the air harbor will have two runways, in particular, we are talking about:
- Asphalt runway with a length of 3600 meters and a width of 45 meters;
- A concrete runway with a length of 4000 meters and a width of 60 meters.
Given the information provided, the airborne harbor will be able to receive all aircraft without exception, and thanks to the establishment of helipads at the airport, the airborne harbor will also be able to serve all types of helicopters.
Given the fact that the volume of passengers served at Berlin Brandenburg International Airport will be at least 20 million people, the project is very interesting for investors, and therefore, the air harbor will have a well-developed infrastructure, in particular, the following airports will be located at the airport:
- Banks, ATMs, currency exchange points and payment terminals;
- Retail stores;
- Souvenir shops;
- Duty-free shops;
- Shopping centers;
- Cafes, snack bars, and restaurants;
- Rooms of mother and child;
- Places for packing and storage of luggage;
- Postal office;
- Car parking;
- Public transport and taxi parking;
- Car rental point;
- Ticket offices and representative offices of airlines.
Among other things, investors plan to implement the construction of two hotels at the airport.
- Airport Country: Germany
- Year established Airport: 2013.
- GMT time zone (summer / winter): + 2 / + 1.
- Latitude geographic 52.37, longitude geographic 13.5.
- The geographical location of the airport: 18 kilometers in the direction south of the city center of Berlin.
- Number of airport terminals: 1.