Bell 400 is a multi-purpose light helicopter. Designed by the American company Bell Helicopter Textron. The Bell 206 L4 Long Ranger helicopter was used as the base model.
The prototype made its first flight on 04/04/1984. Now the helicopter is not in operation. In total, 4 helicopters were built.
Bell made several twin incarnations of the successful version of the Bell 206 series. The development of the helicopter was stopped in the late 1980s since there was no certainty that it would reach a capacity of 120 units per year.
Prototypes: Bell 400; Bell 400A.
- Number of crew members: 1
- The greatest number of passengers: 5
- Payload: 1095kg
- Empty Weight: 1400kg
- The highest take-off weight: 2495kg
- Powerplant: 2 × Turboshaft RollsRoyceAllison250
- Takeoff power of engines: 2 × 420l.s.
- The highest speed: 278km / h
- Echelon Speed: 259km / h
- Practical range: 730km
- Practical ceiling: 3048m
- Rate of climb: 10m / s