Bell 222/230 – a civil helicopter. Type: commercial light helicopter. The design of the helicopter began in 1972. The first flight of the experimental helicopter took place on 08/13/1976. Certificate received 12/20/1979. Serial production began in 1980. A total of 237 Bell 222/230 different helicopters were built.
Bell 222 gained wide popularity after filming in the series “Air Wolf”. A lot of computer and video games on the theme of the series with his participation were also made.
- Powerplant: two turbo-engine AvcoLaikomin LTS101650C2
- Take-off power on the shaft 503kW (675hp)
- Maximum power with the continuous operation: 446kW (598hp).
- The highest speed: 265km / h
- Echelon Speed: 241km / h
- Dynamic ceiling: 6095m
- Range with the largest fuel supply: 523 km
- Empty weight: 2204 kg
- The highest take-off weight: 3650kg
- Rotor Diameter: 12.12m
- Fuselage Length: 10.98m
- Height: 3.51 m
- The area swept by the rotor: 115.29 sq.m