Antalya International Airport is one of the largest air harbors in Turkey and is included in the rating of the 15 largest airports in Europe in terms of the volume of passengers served, which also proves the fact that by the end of 2015, the total volume of passengers served here amounted to more than 27.7 million people.
The construction of Antalya International Airport began in 1996, and in a relatively short period of time, in just two years, the air harbor began to serve flights.
In 2009, a second terminal was commissioned at Antalya Airport, which allowed the air harbor to serve more passengers.
In 2011, Antalya International Airport became Europe’s best air harbor in the category of 10-25 million passengers served.
Antalya Airport has at its disposal three runways of various lengths, in particular, we are talking about:
- Concrete runway, 2990 meters long;
- Asphalt runway, 2990 meters long;
- An asphalt runway with a length of 3400 meters.
Due to this fact, the international air harbor of Turkey can accept all types of civil aircraft, and the presence of helipads on the territory of the air harbor also allows servicing helicopters.
Due to the fact that Antalya Airport receives more than 25 million passengers annually, the infrastructure of this air harbor is well developed, in particular, on the territory of the airport:
- Banks, ATMs, currency exchange points and payment terminals;
- Post offices and post offices;
- Retail and duty-free shops;
- Cafes, bars, restaurants and catering establishments;
- Ticket offices and representative offices of airlines;
- Places for temporary storage and packaging of baggage;
- Car rental points
- Room of mother and child;
- Car parking;
- The taxi rank and public transport;
- VIP service room;
- Conference Hall, etc.
There is no hotel on the territory of Antalya International Airport, however, due to the fact that the air harbor is located within the city limits, there are no problems with access to hotels and places of temporary stay.
Antalya International Airport has excellent transport accessibility, which is due primarily to that fact. That the air harbor is located within the city limits. Passengers can get to Antalya Airport using taxi services, using city buses (No. 600 and No. 800), or by using the tram line.
- Airport Country: Turkey
- The international airport of the Mediterranean resort of Antalya.
- GMT time zone (summer / winter): + 3 / + 2.
- Latitude 36.9, longitude 30.8.
- The number of airport terminals: 2.