Airbus Helicopters H175 is a multi-purpose helicopter developed by the French aircraft manufacturer Airbus Helicopters in 2009.
The Airbus Helicopters H175 helicopter began to be developed by French aircraft manufacturers in December 2005. According to official information released by representatives of the French aircraft giant “Airbus Helicopters”, the new and multi-purpose aircraft was supposed to replace several aircraft of this type in terms of their flight and technical parameters, including both previously manufactured by the company itself and helicopters of other aircraft manufacturing companies and corporations, including China, Russia, and the United States.
The Airbus Helicopters H175 aircraft has an average load rating, in particular, its maximum take-off weight is 7 tons, which provides quite real competition for aircraft of other manufacturers, however, since the development of the helicopter is somewhat delayed, the cost of this aircraft the device is unreasonably large, which led to a decrease in the number of potentially interested buyers.
The Airbus Helicopters H175 helicopter made its first flight in 2009, however, the flight performance of the aircraft did not meet the expectations of the leadership of the aircraft company, and therefore, the project was aimed at additional refinement, where it was for several more years. In 2014, the Airbus Helicopters H175 model helicopter was officially introduced to the general public, and a few months later it was sent to mass production, where it continues to be today. According to the previously expressed opinion of the Airbus Helicopters management, it is planned to sell about one thousand aircraft of this model until 2034, however, preliminary reports indicate that the final figure will be in the region of 500-600 sold copies.
The Airbus Helicopters H175 helicopter is positioned exclusively as a civilian aircraft, however, it can also be used in the military sphere of its operation, including both for carrying people on board and for transporting various cargoes.
Depending on the layout of the cabin and the modification of the aircraft, onboard, the aircraft can accommodate up to 18-20 people, including 16-18 passengers and two crew members. If the helicopter is supposed to be used as a transport aircraft, then onboard it can accommodate up to 3197 kilograms of payload, which is quite practical.
The Airbus Helicopters H175 helicopter has a gas turbine-type propulsion system consisting of two Pratt & Whitney Canada PT6C-67E aircraft engines, each of which is capable of developing 1775 horsepower, which is the main reason for the high carrying capacity of this aircraft. The aircraft can accelerate to a speed of 315 km \ h. (maximum indicator) and carry out flights at distances of 1260 kilometers.
- Airbus Helicopters EC175 – the basic version and the name of the helicopter;
- Airbus Helicopters H175 – an analog of the Airbus Helicopters EC175 version with an improved design;
- Airbus Helicopters Z-15 – A modification developed for the PRC;
- Airbus Helicopters AC352 – An improved version of the helicopter with a number of technical additions and optimizations.
- Crew: 2 people;
- Capacity: 18 people (depending on layout);
- Length: 18.06 m.;
- Height: 5.34 m.;
- The diameter of the rotor: 14.8 m. (Depending on version);
- The mass of the empty helicopter: 4603 kg. (Depending on version);
- Maximum take-off weight: 7000 kg .;
- Cruising speed: 285 km \ h. (Depending on version);
- Maximum flight speed: 315 km \ h. (Depending on version);
- Maximum flight range: 1260 km .;
- Maximum flight height: 5500 m.;
- Powerplant: 2 × Pratt & Whitney Canada PT6C-67E;
- Power: 2 × 1775 hp