The A340-500 is a long-range passenger aircraft developed by the West European Airbus consortium. The aircraft belongs to the family of long-range aircraft A330 / 340. А340-500 is a four-engine long-range passenger aircraft equipped with Rolls-Royce Trent 553 turbofan engines. The first flight of the aircraft took place on February 11, 2002.
The A340-500 has one of the largest fuselages in the A330 / 340 family, which allows you to place fuel tanks with a total capacity of 214,810 liters. The plane is the farthest of the class of airliners. The aircraft can carry 313 people in a three-class configuration at a distance of 8500 nautical miles (15742 kilometers).
- Modification: A340-500
- Wingspan, m: 63.45
- Aircraft Length, m: 67.90
- The height of the aircraft, m: 17.10
- Wing Area, m2: 439.40
- Weight kg: empty loaded aircraft 170400; maximum takeoff 365,000
- Engine type: 4 turbofan engine Rolls-Royce Trent 553
- Thrust, kg/f: 4 x 24040
- Maximum speed, km / h: 970
- Cruising speed, km / h: 936
- Practical range, km: 15742
- Crew: 2
- Payload: 313 passengers in a three-class configuration or 43300 kg of cargo.