AgustaWestland AW169 is a multi-purpose civilian helicopter developed by AgustaWestland in 2015.
The development of the aircraft began by Italian and British aircraft manufacturers in 2008, while the helicopter received not only a very effective design but in fact, its flight performance is very promising, which is one of the reasons for the high demand for this model.
For the first time, the helicopter of the AgustaWestland AW169 model took off in 2010, however, due to several technical reasons, its design was further refined, which is why this aircraft was sent to serial production only in 2015.
Depending on the modification, the aircraft can accommodate up to 10 people (including one pilot), while the AgustaWestland AW169 helicopter itself can be actively used in various fields, in particular, as a business-class helicopter, as a cargo or passenger aircraft a ship, as a medical helicopter or aircraft for servicing oil fields, etc. The popularity of this aircraft was not damaged even by the very high cost, which, according to data for 2015, is about $ 8.5 million.
If the helicopter is supposed to be used as an air vehicle of business aviation, the layout of the cabin can be changed to meet the relevant requirements of the customer.
Among other things, in 2015, a military version of this aircraft was also presented, which allows carrying up to 9 equipped paratroopers and two pilots on its board, which in turn provides the possibility of operating this aircraft for special military operations. If necessary, the helicopter can be additionally equipped with weapons in the form of machine guns, which allows providing fire cover from the air, however, the first deliveries of military versions were scheduled for mid-2016.
The AgustaWestland AW169 helicopter has high maneuverability, and thanks to the power plant used, consisting of two Pratt & Whitney Canada PW210A turboprop aircraft engines with a thrust of 1010 hp. each aircraft is capable of reaching a maximum speed of 306 km \ h, which is very acceptable and in demand today.
The helicopter AgustaWestland AW169 according to data for February 2016 is available in two main versions:
- AgustaWestland AW169 – The basic civilian version of the helicopter;
- AgustaWestland AW169M – a military version of the helicopter, equipped with medium armament in the form of machine guns, as well as lightly armored to protect crew members and military personnel on board.
- Crew: 2 people (depending on version);
- Capacity: 8 people (depending on version);
- Length: 12.19 m.;
- Height: 3.88 m.;
- The diameter of the rotor: 12.12 m.;
- Empty helicopter mass: 3400 kg. (Depending on version);
- Maximum takeoff weight: 4600 kg. (Depending on version);
- Cruising speed: 270 km \ h.;
- Maximum flight speed: 306 km \ h.;
- Maximum flight range: 920 km .;
- Maximum flight height: 4572 m.;
- Powerplant: 2 × Pratt & Whitney Canada PW210A;
- Power: 2 × 1010 HP