Aérospatiale AS.532 is a medium multi-purpose helicopter.
Designed by the Eurocopter Consortium. The military version of the AS332 Super Puma in early 1990 received the designation AS 532 Cougar. Delivered to 30 countries.
Single-screw circuit, two turboshaft engines, tail rotor, tricycle landing gear.
It is made in different modifications.
- Crew: 2-3
- The greatest number of passengers: 21-25
- Payload: 4500kg
- Length: 18.7m
- Fuselage length with tail rotor: 15.53m
- Rotor Diameter: 15.6m
- Tail rotor diameter: 3.05m
- The largest fuselage width: 2.0m
- Height: 4.92m
- The area swept by the rotor: 191.13 sq.m
- Chassis base: 4.49m
- Track: 3.0m
- Empty Weight: 4330kg
- The highest take-off weight: 9000kg
- with suspended load: 9350kg
- The volume of fuel tanks: 1479l
- Powerplant: 2 × Turboshaft TurbomecaMakila1A1
- Engine power: 2 × 1820hp (2 × 1357kW)
- Cargo compartment length: 6.05m
- Cargo compartment width: 1.8m
- The height of the cargo compartment: 1.55m
- Cargo area: 7.8 sq.m
- Net volume of the cargo compartment: 11.4 cubic meters
- Maximum allowable speed: 278 km / h
- Echelon Speed: 257 km / h
- Rate of climb: 7m / s
- Disk load with suspended load: 48.9 kg / sq.m
- Thrust-weight ratio: 248 / 239W / kg (4.03 / 4.18 kg / kW) (at the highest take-off weight without suspension / with suspension) Practical range: 618 km (without additional tanks)
- Practical ceiling: 4100m
- using the earth effect: 2800m
- without the effect of the earth: 1650m
- 2 × 20mm guns or
- 2 × 7.62mm machine guns
- Combat load:
- 2 × 68mm NAR or
- 2 × PCRAM39 Exocet (IUD option) or
- 2 × torpedoes (Navy option).